Saturday, March 15, 2008

Chicago


What an eventful day I've had. I'm in Chicago where St. Patrick's day is a highly celebrated holiday. Here I am decked out in my green gear in front of the Chicago river. This is before it was dyed.


This is during. There is a plumbing company that uses 40 pounds of something orange to dye the river green every year.


And here are Tara and I after the dyeing. Following the dyeing we walked to the St. Patrick's day parade. And finally we went on a river cruise down the river. We were served Corned beef and cabbage. YUM! I can't even begin to explain how cold it was on the river. I'm used to cold weather and usually I don't get cold but today was an exception. I was happy to get back to the hotel for a nice hot shower.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Karlene
I hope you had fun in Chicago--I thought it was fun when I went a few years ago. Thanks for doing this blog--I enjoy looking at pics from Neldon/Sondra's mission.
Hope you are well. (I have a blog if you want to check it out)
http://theambersons.blogspot.com/